June 2012 Cupcake Ride Details
June Cupcake Ride deets! I’ve planned out a ride where instead of taking trails, we’ll be riding down the ‘Shared Roadways’ and bike lanes that make up our disjointed bike network.
Hope you can make it out!
Date: Sunday, June 10th
Start: Short and Sweet Cupcakes
1945 Avenue Road
- up to Felbrig Ave to Elm Rd
- Cranbrooke Ave, right on Jedburgh Rd/Duplex Ave
- right on Glencairn Ave to Rosewell Ave (while detouring through Alexandra Blvd and Lytton Blvd)
- to Roselawn Ave, then right on Edith Ave
- Eglinton Ave to Lascelles Blvd
- Kilbary Ave to Russell Hill Rd (wheeeee!)
- through Cottingham Rd to Davenport Rd*
- left on Shaw St to Harbord St.
- Ossington to …
End: The Wedding Cake Shoppe
859 College St
*We could ride all the way to Osler Road to make a detour out to the West Toronto Railpath and loop back on College to the Wedding Cake Shoppe. We can discuss the day of!
Short and Sweet Cupcakes is requesting for us to pre-order our cupcakes because Sundays are super busy for them. If you could let me know what flavour you’d like to try by Thursday, June 7th, I’ll relay the order to them for us!
The Wedding Cake Shoppe says that we could place an order (so that we have the flavours we want there) or they would just bake some extra cupcakes in anticipation of our group.
So if you’d like to pre-order at The Wedding Cake Shoppe as well, please let me know.
The closest TTC station to Short and Sweet Cupcakes is Lawrence station on the Yonge line.
From Lawrence station you can bike up Duplex/Jedburgh to Fairlawn and then up Elm (kind of a reverse of our trip from Short and Sweet), this way you can minimize ride times on Lawrence and Avenue, where cars tend to speed.
If there is enough interest, I could do a pick up of cyclists at Lawrence Station and we could ride up together to Short and Sweet. Just let me know in the comments.
• Sorry gents! This ride is for girls only!
• Please check out my ride rules prior to the ride!
• You can RSVP at the Facebook event page!
The Cupcake Ride is organized on a volunteer basis and it is not a professional organization. As such, each of us is responsible for our own safety and well-being during an organized event. The organizer is not in any way responsible for any participant on the trip. However, as a group of friends, we make an effort to look out for one another to the best of our ability.